How fast is Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet for business?
Fast enough to complete the day’s tasks 100 times over.
When you operate your business on Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet, you and your employees have up to 940 Mbps of download speed to work with. You already know it’s super fast, but Verizon Gigabit Internet offers more than a quick download speed. Gigabit customers experience a reliable fiber-optic network, a generous Service Level Agreement, and upload speeds up to 880 Mbps.
What can your business do with one Gig of internet? It could:
- Download a 500 MB project in about 4 seconds
- Host web conferences in real time
- Support up to 100 employees on the same network
What makes Verizon’s Fios network for business so fast?
Instead of the copper wiring traditionally found in a cable network, Verizon’s Fios network uses a system of glass cabling. Data along Verizon’s fiber-optic network travels at nearly the speed of light, allowing for download speeds up to 1 Gig.
Cable internet and DSL share their networks with other telecommunication services, but Verizon Fios doesn’t have to share. This type of network is less susceptible to interruptions and bottlenecks, making your online experience smooth and reliable.
Verizon Fios Internet plans for business
Verizon Business Internet vs. Verizon Residential Internet
What’s the difference?
Simply put—Verizon residential internet is designed for your home, and Verizon Business Internet is equipped for your workplace.
Do you need to provide internet for your employees, allow customers to connect to Wi-Fi, or backup your workplace’s next big project to the cloud? You should take a peek at Verizon’s Business Internet packages.
Do you want to stream your favorite shows, play your favorite online games, or work from home? You should take a look at Verizon’s Residential Internet packages.
Upload speeds are no longer left in the dust.
- Upload speeds will never be faster than with fiber. One gigabit internet gives you 940/880 speeds.
- Your upload times shrink from minutes to seconds.
- Your business can get work done twice as fast with quicker upload speeds.
- Discover VoIP phone systems
- Implement data modeling
- Support CRM initiatives
- Easily crunch numbers for analytics
- Connect the whole family
- Communicate with live chat and messaging
- Post photos to your timeline almost instantly
What is 1 Gbps internet?
- Gigabit internet (one gig) is one of the fastest internet speeds you can get, and it’s the most popular option among internet users.
- Gigabit broadband is in a league of its own—100 people can be connected and performing tasks at the same time.
- With gigabit speeds, a high-definition video conference or hour-long webinar takes mere seconds to download.
- Run applications within the cloud
- Conduct a meeting over cyberspace instantly with Telepresence
- Easily manage databases
- Talk face to face with video calling
- Stream videos and music with almost no buffering
- Play games online with no lag time
Cut your wait times in half and still keep a manageable bill.
- Cable attempts to imitate fiber connections with Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).
- Though DOCSIS download speeds compare to those of fiber-optic internet, the price is much higher.
- Cable cannot deliver speed parity—upload speeds will never match download speeds.
- Business internet price: $249/mo.
- Get more expedient customer service backed by firm Service Level Agreements.
Residential internet price: $79.99/mo. w/ Auto Pay + taxes. For up to 940/880 Mbps5
- Access 24/7 assistance via online help forums and frequently asked questions
Perks of running your business with Verizon Fios Internet:
Verizon is the small business service provider of choice.Verizon ranked the highest in customer satisfaction—for the second consecutive year—among wireline service providers across the US in the “very small business” segment, according to J.D. Power.
Fios beats cable.
Choose between a variety of Verizon Fios speeds.Verizon Fios Internet for business can reach up to 1 Gig, but that power might not be necessary for every company. Check out other Fios Internet plans to find the right speed at the right price.
Even more internet speeds from Verizon Business
Not sure which Fios speed is the right one for you? Take a look at our Internet Comparison Guide to compare Verizon Fios Internet speeds for your business.
If you operate a smaller business that doesn't need the high download and upload speed of Verizon Fios, then take a look at our Verizon business high-speed internet page.
Interested in how your current internet stacks up? Check out the free Verizon Business Internet Speed Test Tool.
Is 1 Gig of internet fast?
Yes. 1 Gig, or 1,000 Mbps, is the fastest internet speed offered by Verizon for business. With this package, download speeds reach up to 940 Mbps and upload speeds reach up to 880 Mbps.
How much is Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet?
Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet for business starts at $249/mo for the standalone package. Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet can also be bundled with Verizon phone, VoIP, and other services.
Is Verizon Fios for business better than cable?
Yes. Cable networks are made of copper wiring, which can break down over time. Additionally, cable networks are shared by other telecommunication services, making them more susceptible to data bottlenecks. All of this results in slower speeds for the user.
How can I order Verizon Fios Business Internet?
To order Verizon Fios internet for business, speak to a Verizon representative at 1-844-277-9734.